Author Topic: PROJECT: "Ecology" by MUZBOZ  (Read 112 times)

MUZBOZ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MUZBOZ Games
PROJECT: "Ecology" by MUZBOZ
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »
Here's a new project I'm working on, developing some code skills and ideas around an ecology system.

Video: Ecology Prototype - Stags eating, drinking, resting, fleeing
WATCH THE ECOLOGY PROTOTYPE VIDEO HERE

I think that one of the central elements of games that I like, is simulation and immersion (hence my liking immersive sims!)...

I've been thinking about a game with an ecology that runs on its own, such as a wilderness in nature, or a medieval town with people buzzing around and getting on with their lives.

I made a start on the weekend, and made a little island with stags milling around, eating, drinking, and fleeing if they detect the player.

Screenshots

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:23:14 PM by MUZBOZ »

MUZBOZ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MUZBOZ Games
Re: PROJECT: "Ecology" by MUZBOZ
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »
This project is exciting for me, because it's a playground for what I might work on next as my "big main project".

I'm trying to figure out what to build next, and I thought I'd play around with simulation / ecology elements, to learn more about coding in Unity.

I like the idea of having a world that is ticking along without the player, and actually changing and "living" over time.

But as to the nature of the actual game, I have lots of ideas, and haven't decided what I'll be putting into the mix.

I have a bunch of ideas, and was thinking about trying to map out a set of features I'd like to implement, and section them out into various releases, starting with something discreet and small that I can to begin with, that acts as a complete and playable small game.  Then add to it with another feature or two that give it a new dimension.  And have a sort of "living project" that keeps grows, and having new components plugged into it.

I'm interested in the idea of a Medieval Town Sim, and a Procedural Stealth Game (that could happen in or around that town), having the player go around helping to maintain an ecological balance, kind of like a wandering Park Ranger mixed with a Wizard for Hire.  Smiley

I like the idea of building a Plant Simulator, where the plants grow up and over the environment and buildings.

But for now, I'm just going to explore various new systems and assets, as I feel like putting them in.  Smiley

Still lots to learn!  So just having fun and taking it by ear.

MUZBOZ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MUZBOZ Games
Re: PROJECT: "Ecology" by MUZBOZ
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:07 PM »
New video, with a basic day-night cycle, and some more animals in it.

Ecology - Dev Video #2